Chicago - first-responder / 01292009
Originally uploaded by doug.siefken
Chicago - Michigan Ave. @ Macy's - Water Tower Place - (just passing by)
08222008 - 10 exposure HDR of the "Cloud Gate" by Anish Kapoor - after the New Media presentation in the Chicago Millennium Park Pritzker Pavillion that included Jose Francisco Salgado's imagery. see also > flickr.com/photos/siefken/2790772320/in/photostream/
02022002 This is a derivative work (90 seconds) from one of three pieces that were exhibited at the Julia Friedman Gallery, Chicago on 020202 (2002) sposored by SONY. These were a VCD based series of ambient video art pieces thirty minutes long each. This is a fluid still. This is for the poet M.A.E. & for R.A.R. The art is based on photographs of clay masks. The text was encrypted then greeked out code of the actual algorithm - transitioning to the poem by M.A.E. Ambient Video: mask II PHOTONS
1. Chicago - Randolph St. bridge looking toward Washinton St. bridge. - and a lot of ice! 01162009, 2. Chicago -- an -- American Gothic - God Bless America - a "Tribune" to America -- Wood-Johnson-Siefken, 3. Chicago, Navy Pier and Lake Michigan - ice, cold and snow - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!, 4. Long Glance Media Presents - The Road To Sewell's Barn, 5. Chicago - Holst "The Planets", 6. Chicago Air & Water Show 2008 - 4 days in 90 seconds - Blue Angels jets and the invisible "stealth bomber" airplane, 7. Blue Angels 08 - Chicago Air and Water Show 2008 going inverted and in formation, 8. MCA - heart of gold - Chicago - fluid still image,
9. Chicago Loop SEVERE storm with lightning strikes and thunder, 10. Chicago Loop lightning strike, 11. Chicago - water under the bridge, 12. Chicago - Navy Pier fireworks - last 5 minutes, 13. 62 minute walk - flickrized (90 seconds) & audio, 14. Chicago Venetian Night - sunrise 2008 - with audio, 15. Ambient - Botanicals & FLUID glass, 16. Australia’s Strange Fruit @ Millennium Park with audio track,
17. Australia’s Strange Fruit @ Millennium Park, 18. to the city on the "EL", 19. color on black II, 20. mask II PHOTONS, 21. munich URLart, 22. SanJuanPR, 23. Flower II, 24. Chicago - my inner bean,
25. Chicago sunset - Park Hyatt, 26. Chicago Skyline - fog, 27. Foggy Chicago @ Chicago & Michigan Ave., 28. curtains 90 sec loop, 29. Chicago Skyline #2 (90sec loop), 30. koi (90 sec looped), 31. koi (90 seconds), 32. Chicago Skyline (90 seconds),
33. Chicago fog, 34. Chicago Night
Chicago - Randolph St. bridge looking toward Washinton St. bridge. - and a lot of ice! 01162009
"The Road to Sewell's Barn" is a fine art, music and technology collaboration between artist Bill Turner, composer Tom Salvatori and technology innovator Doug Siefken. Doug's CNMS08 Summit Talk on the convergence of art, music and technology took place 9-16-08 in Chicago and was recorded in HD. links to explore -
Michigan Ave. & the Chicago River - Sculptor J. Seward Johnson’s 25-foot tall “God Bless America,” his tribute to artist Grant Wood’s “American Gothic,” overlooks Michigan Avenue anchoring the Magnificent Mile at the river. The Tribune Tower is a neo-Gothic design style of architecture.
This is a false color & multi-exposure image with additional post processing of a light night snow in Chicago on 01062009.